We interrupt our usual plugging of bacon products to announce that we are proud recipients of an Arte Award! Dave’s Cupboard gave us this honor, and what a compliment coming from one of my favorite food bloggers! Thanks, Dave! This award originated at Arte y Pico, a Spanish-language blog dedicated to finding and sharing art. They love to give props for creativity found around the web, and bravo to that!
In the spirit of passing it on, I now have the responsibility to select five recipients for this prestigious award. There are so many amazing blogs out there and I can choose only five. I feel unequal to the task, but here goes:
Skulls and Bacon – I know the author only by the name of metalchick666, but her blog would go perfectly on the wall of my guest bedroom. From beach towels to bacon history, this blog has me constantly saying “I want that!” or “why didn’t I think of that?”
I Shot the Chef – I’m not sure I’ve ever seen more beautiful food than on Candace’s website. Her recipes are inspired, and her husband Stephan’s photography makes you want to lick the computer screen. I seriously wish these people were my next-door neighbors.
The Anti-Craft – This is where the priestesses of the Dark Lord go for craft patterns. Renee and Zabet conceived a craft magazine where goth knitting meets bacon fashion, and I couldn’t be happier about it.
Sailu’s Food – It’s hard for me to express how much I love Indian food, or how miserably I’ve failed at cooking it over the years. Sailaja’s recipes are easy to follow and beautifully photographed. Thanks to this South Indian blogger, I made my first successful Masala.
Daisy the Dog – This one is Brutus’ pick. It has nothing to do with food or bacon or subversive art. He claims he reads it for the articles, but I think he just likes to look at pictures of Daisy. Can’t say I blame him; she is one cute Pit Bull.
The Rules for the Arte Award:
1. Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award with their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.
3. Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4. Award-winners and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. Display these rules on your blog.
Thanks again to Dave and everyone in the blogging community for being so supportive. Viva el Arte!